Friday 6 January 2012

KEEPING THE MIND FRESH

To make the most of a dementing mind, I am of the opinion that one should keep it as fresh as possible. Now what do I mean by fresh? I am not quite sure, but I think that it may be a matter of trying to avoid the mind  becoming clogged up by the stresses of not fully understanding what others have said or struggling to find the appropriate words to express oneself. Trying to avoid such situations as far as possible and getting oneself into environs that are conducive to relaxed open thinking. This, I currently find, helps to achieve the clarity and freshness of mind.

A walk in the open spaces, not necessarily alone, can facilitate the above state. Since the commencement of the New Year, after I have been out over the hills with Blossom our dog in the morning for a couple of hours, my wife and I have been going for a short walk along the lanes. This too has helped maintain clarity of thought through the relaxed, enjoyable manner of the walk.

I have noted that, in recent years, I have found it relatively easy to clear my head of any dross that might float in. I suppose that maybe one of the advantages of a deteriorating memory, is the fact that out goes both the rough as well as the smooth!
JSAFGA 

No comments:

Post a Comment